2012年1月12日星期四

Scott Stallings Won Greenbrier Classic

Scott Stallings winning playoff putt concluded another thrilling final round at the Greenbrier Classic this year. The win offers him a chance to play at the Bridgestone Invitational and the Masters in 2012. Accomplishments the PGA rookie could never have imagined at the beginning of the year.

Back in 2009, Stallings just wanted the chance to earn a spot on the PGA Tour, let alone win an actual tournament. That year, Stallings missed receiving his PGA Tour card by a single stroke while attending the PGA Tour's Qualifying School. His finish at qualifying school did earn him a spot on the Nationwide Tour though. 

That same year, Stallings attended the Masters as a spectator where he found himself inspired to become a better player. Watching professionals compete on the historic course and walking on Augusta's sacred ground can do that.

Inspired and recommitted to his game, Stallings continued his quest for a tour card playing the Nationwide Tour. It was a difficult journey and at the end of 2009 he found himself in 53rd place. 
Q. What's it like to be your age, to be a rookie, to win over a million dollars, and to be a PGA champion right now?
SCOTT STALLINGS: All the money and everything takes care of itself. I mean, if you're out here, the money is great. It's a huge bonus. But I've wanted to do this since I was a little kid. Like I said before, I was that little boy running around chase autographs and yelling at guys because they wouldn't stop and sign my golf balls or so on and so forth.
But to wake up every single day and to have a dream about playing out here and watching golf with my dad growing up and just saying, Hey, how did you do this? How did you do that? Just trying to learn from watching guys on TV.
And then to have the opportunity it become really, really good friends with one of the best players in the history of the game in Kenny and to be able to call him a really good friend and mentor has been a huge blessing.
To be honest, I'm more excited about the FedEx Cup than I am the money. One of the biggest goals we had was to get to Boston. I was born just outside of the city, and I'm huge, huge, diehard Red Sox fan. To have they have the pairings party at Fenway -- they actually pay you to play the Pro-Ams. I told them just to have an opportunity to go in the gates at Fenway any time I can, I would be signed up for as many as I could.

 What’s in His Bag?
DRIVER: Titleist 910D3 Driver (8.5°) with a Mitsubishi Diamana 'ahina 70 shaft
FAIRWAY WOOD: Titleist 909F2 (13.5°) with Mitsubishi Diamana White Board 83 shafts
HYBRID: Titleist 910H (19°) with a with Matrix Ozik Altus shaft
IRONS: Titleist 712 AP2 (4-9) with Project X 6.5 shafts 
BALL: Titleist Pro V1x



Read More At http://hannah-bloggers.blogspot.com/

没有评论:

发表评论